Wednesday, September 7, 2011

project preference


My first encounter with the industries of the blind was a little over a year ago when I first moved to Greensboro; my brother and I were on a bike ride around town, when I saw the building and was quickly intrigued. I ask him what in the world they did there, and even with his seven-year history in Greensboro, he had no idea. I thought the building was eerie and intimidating, but I was still curious. I was reminded of my curiosity when I was told it was a place I would be exploring in my studio class. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend the class visit, but that just made me want to learn about it even more.

I would not only enjoy learning more about the industries of the blind, but I would be honored to be able to work with the people who are involved and getting their message out to the community. I believe I could contribute most to this project because of my prolonged interest of the space and eagerness to learn about it. I have talked with many classmates about their visit to the space, and looked through many pictures, on top of personal internet research. I take pride in my efficiency and organizational skills. I work well with people who are as excited about something as I am and willing to work with each other to explore design opportunities. I enjoy developing a schedule or plan so multiple tasks stay in order, especially when it comes to group work. Working with a group of other individuals on one project can be stressful at time; I try to make it a good experience for my team and myself.