Friday, March 4, 2011

Dining Space Developments

I started planning my dining space by drawing out the plan view. There are numerous ideas running through my head of what I want in my dining space. Developing a visual representation of my initial thoughts is helping me eliminate several design ideas.



This is an image of the first sketch model I put together so I could see the skeleton shape of the area without any other elements involved.



The second model I constructed was more detailed; I enjoy making sketch models because they help me visualize what the area will somewhat look like when all pieced together.


I believe that the perspective drawing is the most informative when it comes to the room as a whole. Above is my first perspective sketch of the dining space; the fireplace/room divider is blocking the view of many important aspects so I plan to make it appear transparent in the drawings.